Monday, March 19, 2012

My Second Flipped Class


I am still investigating the flipping the class idea. In fact the four people who are doing them for these blogs will be meeting virtually in a week or two to discuss our findings which I will put up here. To begin with one of my government classes was wild about my first installment and the second was divided.   Some kids like how I repeat a lot of items in class while others liked that they didn't have to ask questions and could just go back in the video.  Of course flipping the classroom works best for the more motivated students (think of Bill Gates who loves the idea or Sal Kahn who is a MIT grad) and so I will continue to use the question sheet where my students can ask for clarification on anything in the video.  If you have been flipping the class, your thoughts left here will also be valuable to us.  

No comments: