Sunday, March 25, 2012

All You Need to Know for Florida v. Dept. of Health and Human Services (oral arguments for Obamacare)


Tomorrow the US Supreme Court will do something unheard of as it will be listening to oral arguments over three days (as opposed to the usual 30 minutes per side) on FL v.  Dept. of Health and Human Services also known as Obamacare's individual mandate (i.e. should people be required to have health insurance).  Above is a summary of the case and here are the questions being considered. As I tell my students the Court likes to see similar cases in multiple districts and that is true here as you can see here.  Here is a list of the amicus curiae briefs for the case and here is the petition for the writ of certiorari.

One place you might want to go for the next three days is to the SCOTUS blog which has its own page on the topic.  Another resource will be CSPAN which has its own page here

2 comments:

Milly said...

I don't know how related this is, but I want to put my story out there and the media is taking too long. I have been a Lee County District teacher for almost 6 years, great evaluations, great FCAT scores. Here's what happened: On Monday 4/16 I had a student in my room with a hidden iPod in his/her pocket, when I reported it to the principal she said, "what's the big deal." The big deal is that we sign forms saying that we can get fired for security breeches. The best part of this story is that I knew something might happen with this student and I emailed the administration asking them to remove this student from my FCAT group and I was told I was "picking" on the student. Well, the result was that I had no choice to quit on the spot. The principal wanted me to break strict FCAT security and I would not put myself in the situation to be investigated or fired later on. I need legal representation which I cannot find in this county. If someone can help, I'd really appreciate it.

albina N muro said...

The United States government's principal agency for protecting the health of all Americans and providing essential human services. thyromine reviews