Thursday, September 13, 2012

What is the Cloud?


In two weeks I am going to start teaching my tech integration course for teachers and one of the first things I will discuss is the meaning of the cloud.  The video above explains it well, but in summary it is when your pictures, music, documents, PowerPoints, etc. are stored on a server somewhere in the world and you are therefore able to access it from any device and from anywhere in the world.  It also means that the devices can get cheaper (check out Amazon's $199 tablet), thinner and more accessible to more people around the world.  It also means your classroom will change as well.  Is it easy? NO.  I struggle to get my students, esp. the freshmen used to e-books, Google Drive, Blackboard, etc.  But once they learn it, they don't want to go back to the old ways.  

No comments: