Monday, November 12, 2012

Chromebooks for Inexpensive Learning


I keep telling people that we are in the middle stage of converting from teaching using paper to a digital format.  As we move online, we will have cheaper and cheaper devices because all we will need is a delivery device.  If any of your students are looking for a computer that does it all, the $199 Chomebook (11.6") by Acer is made only for the cloud (although it does allow your most recent items to be stored on the laptop and run without WiFi.  Items like this makes online learning much more viable.  Definitely when my own children outgrow our own laptops, it will be the one I purchase for our kids (durable, cheap and capable of doing everything the kids need to do).  

1 comment:

Billy Shulman said...

Hey Ken,

I think you meant to write $199 (not $1999).

I love their new commercials....I would rather have a set of Chromebooks than iPads, especially since our school system is all about Google Apps.