Friday, August 31, 2012

Mitt Romney's Speech


My students will be starting on Tuesday (a laugh to those of you who have been with students for the past two weeks).  While the first day will mostly be about bonding and overview of the course, I will show snippets (above) of Romney's speech and connect it to our first concept the definition of democracy as defined by Hauss in his comparative government text (which I use during the second half of the year).   To put it in better perspective I will actually ask the students to rank the five items and see if they can't make connections to his campaign and the election in general and even why the three states he will first campaign in are Virginia (my state), Ohio and Florida.  If you want to see the entire speech, go here

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This really solved my problem,thank you!

http://www.inquitech.com/