Empower students with this free, MacArthur grant winning contest.
Students learn how to navigate online Congressional data. Then they compete in teams to answer questions like:
* "OpenSecrets lists campaign contributions to Congress. How much did Senator Carl Levin's campaign committee receive from people who worked for lobbyists in the 2008 election cycle?"
* "OpenCongress lets you track Congress. Which Representative sponsored H.R.1 which became law on 2/17/09?"
* More questions
* Find several types of campaign contributions
* Investigate the voting record of members of Congress
* Investigate the revolving door of specific members of Congress